Careers with STEP.
Job Opportunity – Regional Employment Placement Specialist
The Skilled Trades Employment Program (STEP) requires an organized individual with multi-tasking capabilities and outstanding communication skills to join our team as a Regional Employment Placement Specialist (REPS) starting immediately in our Prince George office.
The Regional Employment Placement Specialist (REPS) will take a lead role in recruitment, assessment, skills development and career advancement of individuals working in or aspiring to a career in the skilled trades. The REPS will develop and maintain relationships with participants, training providers, and potential employers in the assigned geographical area. Through these connections the REPS will assist participants and employers to bridge any employment needs and requirements to foster employment opportunities into the skilled trades sector.
The REPS will be working directly with a local team and reporting to a Regional Manager at another location. The position requires self-initiative and discipline to achieve program targets. The office is located in Prince George within another community organization.
• Conduct initial interviews and employability assessments with potential candidates
• Develop detailed employability skills upgrading action plan (return to work strategy)
• Assist eligible participants into job readiness and eventual employment placement through various lines of service
• Perform site visits with employers to identify employment requirements
• Assist employers with candidate screening
• Liaise between employers and workers to assure a positive work site match
• Build and maintain local employer contacts and relationships for potential client job leads and employment possibilities
• Establish, build and maintain rapport with post-secondary educational institutions, community organizations and local service providers connected to the construction industry
• Manage all client case files according to program requirements and deliverables
• Complete and submit all required reporting documents per program requirements
• Track and follow up on all action items related to the program’s delivery
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, and Attitude:
• Journeyperson certification, apprenticeship, or extensive experience in a trades related field is an asset
• A good working knowledge of the skilled trades / construction industry within Prince George and surrounding communities
• Understanding of the BC apprenticeship system (Industry Training Authority) is an asset
• Awareness of employment trends and key projects within the region
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Effective organization, multitasking and time management skills
• Excellent oral, written and communication skills including public speaking are essential
• Knowledge of local employment service providers would be an asset
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license and vehicle; this position does require travel
Start date: Immediately.
Salary: This is a full-time contract position – salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com
We thank all of those who respond, but we will only contact candidates chosen for an interview.