Since 2006, the Skilled Trades Employment Program (STEP) has focused on finding motivated, trained, and ready-to-work candidates for construction employers with jobs to fill in British Columbia.
The STEP team can help by:
- Meeting you at your convenience to assess your hiring needs
- Providing pre and post-placement support at no cost
- Finding and connecting job-ready skilled workers to you
- Improving your retention rate by continuing to work with you after placement
- Creating an action plan to build your career in the skilled trades
- Connecting you to apprenticeships and opportunities with BC construction employers
- Providing extra financial supports and benefits to ensure you’re job ready
- Following up with you after placement to ensure success
*STEP does have eligibility requirements. We encourage you to connect with us to learn more about the program and how we can help you.